What is the Cancellation & Refund policy?
- If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please let us know! Our policy may include a refund, though some restrictions apply, so please review the terms below. Our policy is independent of any statutory rights that you may have under the law.
- If you cancel your membership and/or receive a refund, your account may be closed when the paid membership period ends.
- Shipping, handling, and any applicable tax are not refundable, except in certain states and countries where these items are refundable.
- If you return or cancel a Norton offering, you agree to uninstall and delete all copies of the software from your device(s).
- Please note that your cancellation, return and refund eligibility may differ if purchased from or billed through a third party (e.g. app store, service provider, reseller, retailer, vendor, etc.).
Don’t hesitate to contact us, it is the fastest way to request cancellation and refund. You may also submit a refund request via live chat.
Cancelling Your Membership
- You may cancel your membership at any time by submitting a request here, or contacting Member Services & Support.
- You should cancel prior to your renewal billing date to allow for processing. If you’re still renewed, please contact us for help with a refund.
- After cancelling, the subscription will not automatically renew. However, your protection will continue for the remaining days in your existing (already paid for) term. You may also be eligible for a refund in accordance with our refund policy below.
- LifeLock and/or Norton Membership Bundles:
- If you purchased a bundle (i.e. a package of more than one subscription), you may cancel one or the entire package of subscriptions that make a bundle at any time.
- If you cancel one portion of the bundle only - your other existing subscription(s) may remain, and your applicable annual or monthly renewal price will be affected. Review your existing subscription and renewal prices here or call Member Services & Support.
- If you cancel the entire package of subscriptions that make a bundle, your protection will continue for the remaining days in your existing (already paid for) term but will not automatically renew for the next term.
- You may also be eligible for a refund in accordance with out refund policy below.
For assistance and further details, contact us.
Refunds: Annual and monthly memberships
- Annual Norton, LifeLock, or NortonLifeLock Memberships paid annually or monthly (one-year term or more, or a perpetual license):
- Unless otherwise excluded, our 60-day Money Back Guarantee applies to the purchase of an annual membership and is eligible for a refund, if requested within 60-days of the date of purchase.
- Each annual renewal is eligible for a refund, if requested within 60-days of being charged. The refund is limited to the fees paid for the then-current membership term.
- The purchase of a Privacy Monitor Assistant annual subscription is eligible for a refund if requested within 60-days of the date of purchase, or in the case of an annual renewal, within 60-days of the renewal billing date, provided that in either case, services have not been redeemed during such period.
- Monthly LifeLock Memberships (month to month renewals):
- Unless excluded, the purchase of a monthly membership is eligible for a refund if requested within 14-days from purchase. If you cancel, the membership will not automatically renew next month, however your protection will continue for the remaining days in your existing (already paid for) term.
- The purchase of a Privacy Monitor Assistant monthly subscription is eligible for a refund if requested within 14-days of the date of purchase, or in the case of monthly renewals, within 14-days of the renewal billing date, provided that in either case, services have not been redeemed during such period.
- Please note that your return and refund eligibility may be different when purchased from or billed through a third party (e.g. App store, service, reseller, retailer, vendor, etc.).
- LifeLock Members who receive Free Identity Theft Protection Service from a Third-Party that has experienced a data breach:
If you enrolled to a LifeLock membership and subsequently received a notice that a third party has experienced a breach and will provide you free Identity Theft Protection Services, you may cancel your LifeLock membership and request, even if no other refund right applies, a pro-rated refund of the days left in your current membership term regardless of the number of days since enrollment.
Don’t hesitate to contact us, it is the fastest way to request a refund. You may also submit a refund request via live chat.
Privacy Monitor Assistant
Privacy Monitor Assistant helps remove your personal information from popular data broker sites. If you’re seeking a refund for 1-time use, you must not have redeemed use of the service 60 days from purchase of the service.
Norton Virus Protection Promise
Virus Protection Promise includes a virus removal service provided by Norton experts and if they’re unable to remove the virus from your device, you may be entitled to a refund. The following terms and conditions apply:
- You must have a qualifying automatically renewing subscription.
- Qualified plans include: our latest plans, Norton 360 and Norton 360 with LifeLock plans, as well as Norton AntiVirus Plus;
- Some other plans: Norton Security plans, Norton Core Security Plus, Norton Small Business, Norton Internet Security, Norton AntiVirus (original), Norton 360 (original) and Norton 360 Multi-Device (original);
- Your refund will be based on the actual price paid for the current term of your qualifying subscription. If you have a bundle (a qualifying subscription from NortonLifeLock purchased with either another offering from NortonLifeLock, or a third party offering), your refund will be limited to the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price of only your qualifying subscription for the current term, not to exceed the total bundled price paid. Any refund will be net of any discounts or refunds received and less any shipping, handling and any applicable taxes, except in certain states and countries where shipping, handling and taxes are refundable;
- Except in Japan, if you purchased a fixed-term subscription through our retail channel and acquired Virus Protection Promise by activating the automatic renewal for that subscription, you will lose the benefits of Virus Protection Promise upon cancellation within your first year of subscription.
- Norton Core Security Plus:
- If Virus Protection Promise was included as part of a one-year complimentary subscription to Norton Core Security Plus when purchasing Norton Core, there is no refund;
- If you purchased a qualifying subscription and its current term is added to the complimentary Norton Core Security Plus subscription term as part of an upgrade offer, the refund will be based on the actual price paid for the last term of the original qualifying subscription.
- Virus Protection Promise and its refund claims only cover PCs, Mac, Android and/or iOS devices, and do not extend to IoT (Internet of Things) devices, such as, for example, televisions, cameras, thermostats, refrigerators and baby monitors.
- Proof of purchase may be required if the qualifying subscription is purchased from a third-party;
- NortonLifeLock is not responsible for, and the refund DOES NOT apply to any damage(s) incurred as a result of viruses;
- Applicable law or regulation(s) of the country in which the virus removal service will be performed may limit or alter the availability or scope of the Virus Protection Promise.
For full details and to access the Norton Virus Protection Promise Terms and Conditions for your country, please visit norton.com/virus-protection-promise.
Exceptions to the cancellation & refund policy
- The following purchases may not be eligible for a refund under our policies:
- Not For Resale (NFR) software;
- Certain Norton and/or LifeLock offerings bundled with other third-party offerings;
- Certain purchases completed and fulfilled by a third party (e.g., app store, service provider, reseller, retailer, vendor, etc.);
- Repeat purchases of the same offering that was previously refunded;
- Norton Services already redeemed or where setup has been performed.